Sports massage is the manipulation of the bodies soft tissue (mainly muscles) so as to help prevent tightness and injury.
The benefits of sports massage include:
• Decrease of muscle tension - less likely to become injured
• Increased flexibility in muscles
• Increased range of joint motion
• Decreased muscle spasms
• Increased sense of well being
Also may help with the following
• Increased blood flow
• Increased elimination of exercise waste products such as lactic acid
• Decreased recovery time between workouts
There is likely to be such discomfort (pain) during the massage and maybe some stiffness afterwards, it isn`t recommeneded to do a tough running session the day after.
A 1 hour sports massage for your legs is £20